Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, December 23, 2012

It's A 2012 Top Ten List!

Merry Christmas!
While things have been quiet the here the last month or so, I want to finish off the year with a COUNTDOWN of my TOP TEN reads of the year. These are the books that kept me reading all year long. 
This year my goal was 100 books and I'm happy to say I surpassed my goal and read 131 books. You can see the whole list at Goodreads. HERE
Click on the title of each book to see my review!

Let The Countdown begin!
I

Number 10

by Cassandra Claire

I wasn't in love with the Mortal Instruments series, but I've found the Infernal Devices series to be irresistible. It also features one of my favourite love triangles. *sigh*

Number 9

by Julie Kagawa

Julie Kagawa really can do no wrong with me! 

Number 8

by Rachel Hawkings

A series that just kept getting better and better until it ended with one of the most exciting final books in a trilogy  I've read in a while.


Number 7

 by Jeri Smith-Ready



The best love triangle (if you can really call it that) has always been the Shade series threesome on Aura, Zach and Logan. Shine was a great goodbye to these wonderful characters (although it's not much of a good-bye considering how active they are on Twitter.)

Number 6
by Cynthia Hand


If you've read Unearthly and Hallowed I don't need to tell you why these books are great. If not, I really don't want to spoil the surprise, but the writing is beautiful and the story so addicting you'll have to keep reading to see how it all plays out.


Number 5
by Courtney Summers


Favourite Zombie book. There was so much tension in this book. It was awesome!


Number 4
by Laini Taylor


Loved this book. Such a beautiful take a Angels and Demons.


Number 3
Unspoken 
by Sarah Rees Brennan

Unspoken was one of those rare books for me where I really had no complaints. At all. Nothing. It was amazing. 


Number 2
by Cara Lynn Shultz

My favourite couple. A book that's all romance, with some exciting supernatural adventure to keep it interesting. Spellbound set up an amazing couple in Brendan and Emma and Spellcaster   kept the energy and excitement going, totally exceeding my expectations for the series.




Number 1
by Sarah Alderson


This year I discovered Sarah Alderson with both Hunting Lila and Fated. I loved them both so much. I'm a HUGE fan of her writing and recommend you try out either book to see how great these books are


And that's my Top 10 for 2012. It was a great year for reading!

I wrote down all the books I loved over the year and then rated them. There were a few "almost top ten" that deserve honorable mentions for their greatness. They are...



 I Hope everyone has a happy and book filled Holiday!



2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to read The Shade Trilogy. I can't pass up a good book with a wonderful love triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honoured to not just make this awesome list but for Lila and Evie to make it to number one! Thank you so much!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you think! Please comment often and freely, just remember to be polite & respectful of others opinions. I always read comments and check out other blogs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...